Home » Give » Permanent Endowment Fund
What is the Permanent Endowment Fund?
The Permanent Endowment Fund has been created to endow the maintenance, care, and improvement of the church property and facilities and to provide additional opportunities for endowments of missions in and beyond the local community as well as for special needs and ministries determined by the church leadership. The Permanent Endowment Fund is a vital part of our stewardship and giving plan to the church’s mission and ministry because...
- We believe in the future of our church.
- We want to be guided in our stewardship by the belief that all we have is a trust from God.
- We want to build a sense of permanence in what we do.
- We want to be good stewards as a church family even as we expect each member to be a good steward.
- We want to go the extra mile in providing services and programs that formerly (due to budget restraints) were only dreams.
- We want to create a heritage that future generations can celebrate as joyfully as we celebrate our rich heritage today.
The Permanent Endowment Fund of the First United Methodist Church Grapevine is established for the purpose of providing members and friends opportunities to make charitable gifts to the church that will become a permanent endowment of financial support and a living memorial. The Permanent Endowment Fund program is intended for purposes that are not part of the church’s established programs funded through the annual operating budget of the church and the regular giving of its members.
The fund offers wonderful opportunities for donors to honor the life and special contributions of others. Gifts given in honor of and in memory of family and friends will provide a major source of assets with which to assure the future of this church. Your gift to the permanent endowment gives the satisfying feeling of major support, with the assurance that the principal of your gift remains forever and that only the income generated will be used for the intended purpose.
- Gifts of cash
- Gifts through wills
- Gifts of securities
- Gifts of real estate
- Gifts of tangible personal property
- Gifts through life insurance
- Gifts of a charitable lead trust
The Permanent Endowment Fund will be administered by the Permanent Endowment Committee of the First United Methodist Church Grapevine under the authority granted by the Charge Conference. The Endowment Committee consists of:
Trustee Chair: Ralph Pettingell
Finance Chair: Rick Schultz
Senior Pastor: Jim McClurg
|Class of 2017
|Class of 2018
|Class of 2018
All gifts received by the Permanent Endowment Fund are invested in established trust accounts at Frost Bank.
To make a gift...
Indicate "Permanent Endowment Fund" in the memo of your check, memo or online gift
For further information, contact:
Anderia Lopez, Finance Director
First United Methodist Church
422 Church Street
Phone: 817-481-2559 Ext 150