Home » Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees supervises and maintains all property belonging to the congregation so that the ministries of the congregation can be effective. The committee is entrusted to see to the proper keeping of God's house as a way to honor God and to facilitate the ministry of the local church.
The primary purpose of the church building and facilities is to enable the vision and ministry of the congregation. Good stewardship, common sense, and prudence dictate that the church, facilities, property, equipment, furnishings, and other physical property be well maintained. A physical plant that is "well groomed" and attractive is much more welcoming, safe, and hospitable than one that shows signs of benign neglect. We honor God when we care for what has been entrusted to us.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee, maintain, and supervise all local church property. This would include conducting an annual inspection and inventory of all church property.
- Report annually to the charge conference on the state of the church's property, equipment, investments, and resources.
- Ensure that the articles of incorporation of the congregation are kept up-to-date, if applicable.
- Be responsible, in conjunction with the pastor, for all use of the church buildings and grounds.
- Maintain adequate insurance coverage on all church property and develop appropriate risk management policies.
- Submit to the committee on finance the annual budget requests for insurance, property maintenance and improvement, and new property purchases.
- Be accountable to charge conference and to the church council.
2014 Board of Trustees
Staff: Guy Sellers
|Class of 2015
|Class of 2016
Ralph Pettingell (chair)
|Class of 2017