Home » Ministries » Evangelism » Evangelism
"Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives." Matthew 5:16 (The Message)
We believe God calls us to shine, to let God’s light show in our words and actions. Our witness often just bubbles up because of how we feel about our church and what God is doing here. Many have come to faith simply because a friend, neighbor or relative was excited about what was happening here at First United Methodist of Grapevine. Some of the ways to be involved in witness and evangelism:
- Join the Ministry Mile Invitation Team—help invite others to church by distributing door hangers or other invitations several times a year.
- Teach or attend a class on Faith Sharing.
- Be a Welcome Caller—making friendly calls to those who have visited our church.
- Serve on the First Sunday Tour team giving guests a short tour of our church on the First Sunday of each month.
- Assist with Discover the Church class for guests and new members.
- Invite someone to church!
Questions? Contact Joan O’Brien, Evangelism Chair,
or Dr. Cindy Ryan, associate pastor,