Home » Connect » Join a Ministry... » Missions & Outreach » Weekend Food
Weekend Food is a program which provides children, who are on free lunch during the school week, a bag of supplemental food for the weekend. We provide lightweight, individually wrapped items that the children can prepare themselves.
We currently serve 10 schools. That's over 750 students in Grapevine/Colleyville Independent School District who receive Weekend Food.
Bear Creek Elementary
Collegiate Academy at TCC
Cross Timbers Middle
Grapevine High School
Silver Lake Elementary
VISTA Alternative Education Center
There are 5 ways you can help with this ministry:
- Bag or deliver food. The bagging is usually done anytime the church is open between noon on Sunday and Tuesday 5pm of the week you are bagging for. Delivery is always during the school day, either Wednesdays or Thursdays depending on the school. There is a coordinator for each school who helps manage the schedule and we use a convenient online sign up system called Sign Up Genius.
- Coordinate a school. The coordinator makes the schedule with the volunteers provided for that school and troubleshoots any delivery or bagging problems that occur.
- Donate food items (listed below).
- Financial donation. A $2 donation provides Weekend Food for one child for a week. Give online...
- Pick up the Sam’s order. We place a very large order at Sam’s once a week. We need people to pick this up. A very large vehicle is needed to do this.
Please bring your food donations to Room 1006 in the Family Life Center. To volunteer, email Susan Morris (
) and she will provide you with information to access the Sign Up Genius. For questions or suggestions about Weekend Food, please contact
Susan Morris (
Weekend Food Needs INDIVIDUALLY SIZED items for the following:
- Easy Mac
- Ramen noodles
- Fruit cups
- Pudding cups
- Breakfast bars
- Instant oatmeal
Please note that we must have individual packets - not bulk boxes - so the children can prepare it themselves.